Our client is an APAC focussed energy transition platform that develops, owns, operates and invests into an extensive portfolio of clean energy assets across the APAC region, primarily in Australia, Japan & South Korea. The high-growth investor & developer platform for renewable energy projects enjoys the backing of significant institutional capital partners with ambitious plans to move into disruptive areas of green technology.
As a result, they are looking at hiring a Senior Associate to join their growing team in Melbourne.
This role will report into the Head of Investments, Australia, and work directly with the broader investments team. You will play a key role in driving investment decisions, transactions and value creation and will be actively supported through the investment cycle from idea generation, deal origination, execution, portfolio management and enhancement.
The key responsibilities of this role will include:
• Identification of new investment opportunities
• Analysis & evaluation of acquisition & divestment proposals & financing of renewable energy projects
• Management of the due diligence process for new investments
• Preparing & delivering presentations for key internal & external stakeholders, including lenders, senior executives & the investment committee
• Assisting with new product development
• Reviewing financial models, liaising with asset management & broader finance teams across Australia
The successful candidate will likely bring the following competencies and experience:
• 5-8 years’ experience within corporate finance, project finance, investment banking or experience in PPP transactions
• Strong financial modelling, project management & execution skills
• The ability to interrogate & amend complex financial models
• Excellent communication & negotiation skills
• Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues in a small but highly active environment
• Experience across renewables, energy & other infrastructure like sectors is preferrable
Applicants must have full working rights for Australia to be considered.
For a confidential discussion contact Rory Callow:
email@example.com / 02 9235 9430