A leading international Infrastructure Private Equity fund investing across core plus infrastructure & energy sectors. They have a strong track record in midstream energy, telecom infrastructure, transportation, and social/healthcare infrastructure. Having recently closed another multi-billion dollar fund, they are growing the team further.
You will be responsible for assisting on the origination and execution of investment opportunities, by preparing dynamic financial models, investment committee presentations and assisting with due diligence.
Support of the Investment Process includes new and existing investment financial modelling and analysis, in-depth research and analysis of countries, industries and companies and the management of existing portfolio investments. You will work on projects across Asia Pacific. As you grow into the role, you will also support VPs and Directors in origination activities.
As an Associate your responsibilities will include:
• Active involvement in the analysis, structuring and execution of deals with a particular angle on asset evaluation/business modelling
• Active role in the design and execution of various due diligence workstreams such as commercial, technical, financial, tax and legal
• Deal origination: research and recommendations on specific markets or opportunities and identification of key risks and mitigants of investment opportunities
• Preparation and/or review of operational and financial models, and the preparation of Investment Committee presentations
• Support in raising debt and equity funding for new investment opportunities and portfolio companies
• Asset Management: support in management of portfolio companies, including regular liaison with management teams, primary contact around financial topics and an active role in the execution of add on acquisitions
• Collaboration with, supporting and assisting more experienced executives (Partners, Investment Directors).
• Being the secondary point of contact in certain projects and deals
• Interaction and building relationships with management teams, investment banks and other external advisors
To be considered for this opportunity you must fit the following criteria:
• 2-5 years’ experience at a leading investment bank’s M&A team or an infrastructure private equity firm
• Deep sector expertise across Infrastructure/Energy or Infrastructure like opportunities (Health Care, Digital Infrastructure).
• Exceptional interpersonal and Excel modelling skills
• Master’s degree, MBA or PhD are a plus
• Recognised as performing within top 20% of your peer group by colleagues and other internal and external stakeholders
• Track record of successful execution of large and complex M&A transactions and strategic projects across APAC markets
• Experience in M&A as well as debt and equity capital markets transactions
• Entrepreneurial mindset and team spirit
• Confident and experienced in working in international environments with multi-cultural teams
You must have full working rights for Australia to be considered for this role.
Contact Rory Callow: 02 9235 9430 / email@example.com