JMES Corporate & Sustainability Statement
JMES regulate ourselves in order to ensure that all of our activities positively affect society as a whole. Our CSR guidelines aim to guarantee that we work ethically, considering human rights as well as the social, economic and environmental impacts of what we do as a business. JMES believe we should meet, and aim to exceed, any relevant legislation, and ensure we carry out best practices.
JMES are committed to ensuring that any business undertakings are conducted as ethically as possible by following the below guidelines.
Jon Michel Executive Search was established in 1997 to provide search and selection services to the financial, professional services and corporate sectors.
The firm’s clients include commercial banks, investment banks, fund managers, superannuation funds, insurance companies, private capital firms, stockbrokers, early stage private equity backed companies, professional practices, as well as a select group of blue-chip corporates.
The team has more than 100 years of experience between them recruiting in their respective management disciplines. We place a high priority on fostering long-term relationships with clients and have a long and successful track record across investment and institutional banking, global markets, funds management and alternative investments.
We are headquartered in Sydney and also have an office in Melbourne, and in the past have also successfully sourced from and completed assignments offshore. The relevant Consultant acts as Principal on each assignment, personally managing the research and interview processes from an initiation to conclusion.
Our Consultants are supported by a strong in-house Research capability that is key to our search activities. This is both detailed and specialised in nature and can include sample market mapping to comprehensive competitor analysis. We also have an advanced proprietary database and employ a variety of sourcing methods, which are tailored to the requirements of each assignment.
JMES believe in order to attract and retain loyal and productive staff, it is vital to maintain a good working environment. We are supportive and encourage:
• Adherence as an Equal Opportunities Employer per Human Rights Act 2010 and Modern Slavery Act 2015.
• Maintaining appropriate health and safety guidelines, procedures and training.
• Consistent staff training, appraisals and personal development.
• Constant and consistent communication with staff, including performance, praise & recognition, managing conflict or other HR issues in a timely and consistent manner.
• Meet and exceed National Minimum/ Living Wage requirements and benefits.
• Regular team activities and events focused on wellbeing and enjoyment.
Client Focus and Management
JMES maintains a high focus on clients (hiring managers, human resources, and candidates) to ensure that they have a positive and lasting impression of the firm, their engagement and experience.
• Client and candidate feedback, satisfaction and retention.
• Client and candidate safety and quality of service.
• Clear, open and honest communication with clients and candidates.
Client and Suppliers Standards
It is vital to JMES that we maintain a good working relationship with both clients and suppliers. As best we are able, we aim to ensure their adherence to:
• Equal Opportunities Employer per the Human Rights Act 2010
• Modern Slavery Act 2015
• Bribery Act 2010
Protecting the Environment
JMES - ESG Statement
Environmental, Social and Governance issues do not exist in a silo – it is about bringing them together under one banner to demonstrate the positive impact our business (and others) is having on the world.
JMES partners with companies who are at the forefront of talking about their ESG scores and generating more attention from across the business spectrum, and financiers & investors are actively looking for high ESG scoring companies. Client ESG policies help inform and shape our ESG efforts moving forward. This includes reporting, disclosures, business practices, policies, procedures, investments, board activities, stakeholder engagement, and investor relations.
JMES strive to build sustainable, equitable, healthy, and diverse communities through a combination of innovative business practises and strong environmental, social and governance (ESG) performance. This commitment informs many aspects of our business, including how we operate our company and collaborate with stakeholders. At the heart of this is a corporate culture that has sustainability at the core of our business operations and values.
Climate Change & The Environment
JMES are committed to driving down our energy and carbon impacts, as we believe that climate change is a significant risk to the world. We encourage our clients to reduce their impact on the environment by recommending the use of more sustainable materials. JMES actively promote a paper-free office. We regularly support our clients to be a digital-first business. JMES seek to comply with current environmental legislation and work to minimise the impact of our activities on the environment.
Our focus is to deepen relationships with our key stakeholders by investing in our employees and partnering with our clients, communities, investors and suppliers. JMES are committed to engage with our employees to provide a challenging, dynamic, inclusive and diverse work environment that supports their professional development, as well as promoting a good work-life balance that prioritises their overall health and wellness. We support initiatives that benefit the environment, human welfare and education. We will engage suppliers, clients and employees around safety, health, and wellness.
ESG is about assessing that net positive impact in the world, and taking concerted, defined and measurable action to improve it. Our value rests in our employees, our clients, candidates and communities, and the broader world. The ethical and practical values that make up the different parts of ESG have always been at the heart of what JMES as a company stand for. With the growth of ESG and the increased awareness of these factors among our key stakeholders, we have a better opportunity to demonstrate how our business makes a positive impact in the world.
As a business, JMES support local communities and activities via our staff, their passions and interests. We commit both financially and with time in the sponsorship and involvement across a group of charities and community groups. Examples:
- RSPCA - The RSPCA in Australia is a federation, with an RSPCA in each state and territory and RSPCA Australia as the national body. The state and territory member Societies provide services to animals in need through their shelters and inspectorates.
- Art Gallery of NSW - From its magnificent site in Sydney, the Art Gallery of NSW is one of Australia’s flagship art museums and the state’s leading visual arts institution.
- Cancer Council - Australia’s leading cancer charity, and the only Australian charity working across every aspect of every cancer, from research to prevention and support.
- Five Dock Netball Club – local community netball formed in 2005/06 and competing on the Inner Western Suburbs Netball Association.
Workplace Giving & Matching
When JMES employees make donations to charities and volunteer groups, JMES will donation match, fundraise, volunteer, skill share and in-kind support. This promotes greater staff engagement, retention, productivity, reputation and social impact.