• Seasoned & experienced listed equity professional
• Newly created role
• Sydney based Investment office
Our client is a well-regarded Investment Manager with a small investment team managing an Australian equity fund. They are now looking to add a new member to their team and have created a position for an Analyst/Co-Portfolio Manager.
As a key member of the investment team, the role will assist in providing bottom-up research and analysis for Australian equities and contributing to the assessment of macro and thematic views of markets to identify investment opportunities.
Key accountabilities are:
• Bottom-up research & identifying opportunities in the Australian equity universe
• Idea generation & assisting with formulating agreement on appropriate themes
• Provide input & ideas into investment decisions, portfolio weightings, sector allocation
Portfolio decisions are made on a group consensus basis.
Key requirements and experience are as follows:
• Appropriate tertiary & post graduate qualifications, including CFA
• Proven bottom-up securities research & selection in Equities (either Australian or Global)
• Macroeconomic top-down thought process
• Excellent verbal & written communications skills
• Self-motivated & takes pride in delivering quality investment outcomes
• Ability to develop respect internally & work collaboratively within the investment team
• Strong conviction in ideas with the ability to deliver, discuss & debate in an easy collegiate manner
• Strong integrity
This is an exceptional opportunity for a passionate investment professional looking to deliver quality investment decisions and returns within a high performing team environment.
Candidates must have full working rights for Australia to be considered for this role.
Applications close on January 8th 2024.
For further information about this role, please contact Adam Taylor-Campbell at JMES on (02) 9235 9404 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org