Our client is an iconic infrastructure asset backed by sophisticated investors that not only forms a critical part of the wholesale national electricity market but also plays a leading role in the transition to a clean energy future. As an asset intensive business looking to grow its asset base and actively pursue complex capital development initiatives, they are seeking a General Manager Corporate Finance & Strategy to join their leadership team in Sydney.
The GM Corporate Finance & Strategy plays a fundamental role in leading active capital development, investing and strategic initiatives that will ultimately maximise long-term growth and performance and therefore ensure investor confidence in the business’ future. You will be in a unique position to drive value creation and cultivate a mindset focused on valuation and value accretion.
Key responsibilities and activities will include:
• Setting and implementing the Enterprise Business Strategy that looks to build and maximise value through participation in optimal markets and growth projects
• Managing investor relationships and delivering high impact communications that build corporate reputation and grow perceived investment worthiness
• Ensuring high quality investment decision-making through ownership of investment models, managing investment evaluation framework and advocating for proper investment case governance
• Provide strong corporate financial analysis for the structuring of major transactions, projects and deals to drive optimum return and risk profiles
• Orchestrating and implementing the business’ long-term sustainability strategy
To be the successful candidate, you will have the following:
• ~15+ years’ experience in investment/funds management, senior operating/commercial roles and/or senior corporate finance/strategy roles in complex corporate structures
• We may also consider those coming from blue-chip investment banking, transactional or consulting backgrounds if they possess the right sector-exposure and resilience
• Proven track record in and enthusiasm for the challenges associated with working in a field or business going through transformation and change.
• Experience in building, maintaining, and reviewing complex financial models in direct support of major transactions, investments and strategic initiatives
• Superior understanding of valuation/evaluation concepts and interrelationships required across methodologies and return measures
• The gravitas, polish and confidence to engage with and influence a diverse array of stakeholders, including its sophisticated investor-owners
• Proactive mindset with a strong focus on excellence, efficiency, and improvement
This is a fantastic opportunity to lead a key strategic initiative for a well capitalised organisation with strong growth aspirations.
Applicants must have full working rights in Australia to be considered for this role.
For a confidential discussion to learn more, please contact Daniel Yee on 02 9235 9420 or firstname.lastname@example.org