• Key Role Supporting the COO
• Are you a lateral thinker who thrives in a complex and fast moving environment?
• Broad Role Working Across All Facets of the Business
• Growth and Tech Focused Investment Fund
• Melbourne Based Role
Our client is a successful long-term investor in high growth businesses. With continued expansion of the fund, they are now looking to hire an Associate Director - Fund Operations based in Melbourne.
This role reports to the COO and provides strong support across key areas of the fund
including Finance, Tax, Fund Administration, Compliance & Risk, Capital Raising, Investor Relations, Human Resources and IT. You will proactively identify areas of improvement across all areas of the business and recommend and implement key initiatives. For the most part, the role will work across the operations team, including with the Managing Director and General Counsel but will also support the Financial Controller when required.
Key competencies for the role include:
• Strong business and commercial acumen with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Strong finance skills, understanding of tax and accounting concepts, understanding of legal structures and operating in a regulated environment
• A proactive style with the ability to work independently, take the initiative and multi-task
• Proven ability to select, evaluate and manage external service providers
• Experience in providing considered recommendations for business problems supported by structured problem solving and options evaluation
• Collaborative and empathetic work style
• Creativity, lateral thinking and interpersonal skills, and well aligned to the cultural behaviours of the firm
• Proficient in Excel, Word, Powerpoint and strong financial modelling skills
You will also demonstrate:
• A track record of managing multiple work streams across a range of disciplines and effective collaboration to deliver outcomes in a complex environment
• Ability to effectively manage stakeholders with an understanding of how to influence others effectively
• Comfortable working with uncertainty and ambiguity
• Demonstrated ability to build rapport and strong working relationships
Successful candidates will be a self-starter with at least 7 years relevant experience within a top-tier advisory firm, fund manager or fund advisor/consultant . This is an outstanding opportunity to take your curiosity and desire to drive continued process improvements and deliver optimal outcomes to the next stage of your career and join a tight knit, collaborative and entrepreneurial investment fund.
Applicants must have full working rights in place for Australia to be considered for this opportunity.
Enquiries in strict confidence to Michael Lee - firstname.lastname@example.org or phone Michael on 0411 953 238.